Today, blogging is more than just a fun and lucrative hobby; it is also a growing industry. You'll never know where it will take you! But, blogging isn't without its challenges. Many new bloggers face various challenges when they first start.
They face a wide range of obstacles every day. Whether it’s the pressure of self-promotion, the struggle to stand out from the competition, or just sticking to a limited budget, there is no shortage of obstacles a budding blog owner faces.
The internet is a vast, varied, and ever-changing place. That's a good thing. With so many platforms to use for blogging, there's just too much content out there for anyone to compete with. That's why there are some challenges that you need to face as a blogger.
These challenges can make it difficult for you to find your niche and to find your audience. And if you don't, a blog can quickly become a ghost town. For this reason, here are some of the top challenges faced by new bloggers.
However, In this post, I'm showing you the things that you need to do to successfully run a blog to resolve the top xx most common obstacles that are used to faced by most new bloggers.
The Blogging Challenges And Solutions
What are the most common obstacles faced by new bloggers?
New bloggers face a lot of challenges. The main challenge they are likely to face is not having enough content or having the wrong content. To overcome this, they should make sure they have a perfect list of topics and a publishing plan.
When posting, make sure that your posts are long enough and have a lot of content. And as for having the wrong content, this can be fixed by posting about a topic that your audience would want to read about.
However, even when you are overwhelmed with the challenges you face, it is possible to overcome them. You just need to put in the effort, set your priorities, and be focused on your goals.
A blog is one of the best ways to promote your business, increase your reach, and generate more customers. It's vital to identify the major hurdles of blogging in terms of making a blog successful.
Let's dig out the specific pits of the blogging journey that newbie bloggers face. And let you know the specific recoveries and how to resolve them without cost.
21 Most Common Blogging Drawbacks And Recovery
However, it is also one of the most challenging. There are a lot of things to take into consideration when you start a blog. The following are some of the most common challenges faced by new bloggers.
1. Limited Investment
One of the challenges of blogging is that there is only a limited amount of money that can be invested in it. This is because blogging generally requires only a computer and an internet connection, both of which are relatively inexpensive.
Additionally, most people who blog do not invest of high-yielding tools or resources to make money; they blog for other reasons such as sharing their thoughts or promoting a cause.
As a result, there is not a lot of money to be made from blogging, and this can be a challenge for those who are looking to make a living from it.
There are several ways to overcome this challenge, such as finding sponsors or advertising partners, or to start with AdSense to generate income from initial state of the blog.
But it can still be difficult to make blogging a viable career without building enough skill on blogging journey. Selling own special skill through own blog can mitigate the need of money for reinvestment.
2. Level of Expertise
Thin expertise is the ultimate challenge to getting success in blogging. When you write on a topic, you are competing with everyone who has ever written on that topic - regardless of their level of expertise.
This can be discouraging, but it's important to remember that even the experts were once beginners. The key is to focus on writing quality content and promoting your blog so that it can reach the widest possible audience.
With time and dedication, you can build a successful blog even if you don't consider yourself an expert on the topic.
3. Finding a Profitable Niche
As a starter in blogging, finding a profitable niche is a challenge to get success in blogging. However, there are ways to overcome this challenge.
To find a profitable niche, you can start by thinking about your passions and what you're knowledgeable about. You can also look at popular blog topics and try to find a niche that isn't too saturated.
Once you've found a niche that you think has potential, you can start researching it to see if there's a market for it.
You can also reach out to people in your niche to get their thoughts on your idea. If you put in the work, you're sure to find a profitable niche for your blog.
4. Creating An Intuitive Blog Name
Creating an intuitive blog name is another challenge for newbie bloggers. It is not an easy task to come up with a name that is both creative and easy to remember.
However, there are a few tips that can help you come up with a good name for your blog:
- First, try to focus on what your blog will be about. If you're blogging about personal finance, for example, you could try to include words like "money," "budget," or "saving" in your blog name.
- Second, keep it short and sweet. A longer name might be more difficult for readers to remember.
- Thirdly, use appropriate tools to generate blog name, such as Business Name Generator or Instant Domain Search tools.
- Finally, try to make it unique. If your blog is about personal finance, there are already a lot of other blogs out there with similar names.
Try to come up with something that will make your blog stand out from the rest. With a little creativity, you should be able to come up with a great name for your new blog.
5. Choosing A Blog Theme
When you start a new blog, one of the first things you need to do is choose a theme. This can be a difficult task, especially if you're a newbie blogger.
There are so many themes to choose from, and it can be hard to know which one is right for your blog. Here are a few tips to help you choose a theme for your blog:
- Define your purpose. What do you want your blog to achieve?
- Consider your audience. Who are you writing for?
- Decide on a style. Do you want your blog to be formal or informal?
- Choose a theme that reflects your personality.
- Make sure the theme is responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Consider the features you need. Do you want a simple theme or one with more advanced features?
Taking the time to consider these factors will help you choose a theme that is right for your blog.
6. Finding The Right Blogging Platform
The blogging world is full of choices, and it can be tough to know where to start. It falls newbie bloggers in a challenge white they are not aware about the platforms.
If you're looking for the right blogging platform, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
First, you need to decide what kind of blog you want to create. Do you want a personal blog, a professional blog, or something in between?
Secondly, once you've decided on the purpose of your blog, you can start narrowing down your options.
There are several different blogging platforms ( such as WordPress, Wix, Joomla, and so on) to choose from, each with its own set of features and drawbacks.
And finally, do some research and try out a few different options to find the one that's right for you. With so many choices available, there's sure to be a platform that's perfect for your needs.
7. Choosing The Right Blogging Tools
As a new blogger, one of the ultimate challenges you face is choosing the right blogging tools. There are thousands of different options out there, and it can be tough to know which ones are worth your time and money.
However, there are a few key factors to consider that can help you narrow down your options.
First, think about what your specific needs are as a blogger:
~ Do you need a tool that is easy to use and customize?
~ Do you need a tool that is suitable for a large or small audience?
Secondly, once you know what your needs are, you can start to research different providers and compare their features.
Thirdly, another factor to consider is cost. While some blogging tools are free, others come with a monthly or annual fee. Once you have a general idea of what you're looking for, you can start to narrow down your options and find the best blogging tools for your needs.
8. Selecting Right Domain
Choosing a domain name for your blog is a hardest part of starting a successful blog. It is an important decision. Not only does it need to be catchy and memorable, but it also needs to be brandable.
A brandable domain name can be easily associated with your blog and will help it to stand out from the crowd. There are a few things to judge in mind when choosing a domain name for your blog.
First, it should be reflective of the content of your blog. If you're blogging about fashion, for example, you might want a domain name that includes the word "fashion" or "style."
Second, it should be short and sweet. A long, complicated domain name will be difficult for people to remember and type into their web browsers.
Third, it should be unique. There are millions of blogs out there, so you'll want to choose a domain name that sets you apart from the rest.
Finally, with a little thought and creativity, you can find the perfect domain name for your blog.
9. Finding The Right Hosting
When you're first starting as a blogger, it can be hard to know where to host your blog.
There are a lot of different hosting services out there, and it can be tough to decide which one is right for you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you're looking for a hosting service for your blog:
- Reliability: You want to make sure that your hosting service is reliable and that your blog will always be up and running.
- Cost: Hosting services can vary widely in terms of cost, so it's important to find one that fits your budget.
- Features: Some hosting services offer more features than others, so it's important to decide which features are important to you and which you can live without.
- Support: When you're first starting, it's important to have a hosting service that offers good customer support in case you have any questions or problems.
Once you've considered all of these factors, you should be able to narrow down your options and find the right hosting service for your blog.
10. Choosing the Right Keywords
If you're a new blogger, one of the challenges you'll face is finding the right keywords to target.
Keywords are the words and phrases that people use when they search for information online. And if you want your blog to be successful, you need to make sure you're targeting the right keywords.
There are a few different ways to go about this. The first is to use keyword research tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner and Moz Keyword Explorer.
These tools will help you identify popular keywords in your niche.
Another option is to use Google search results to see what keywords people are using to find blogs like yours.
Finally, you can ask your friends and family what keywords they would use to find a blog like yours.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you take the time to find the right keywords for your blog. Otherwise, you'll have a hard time getting traffic to your site.
11. Getting Enough Audience in blog
The ultimate challenge for blogging starters is to get enough audience for their blog. This can be a difficult task, as there are millions of blogs out there competing for attention.
However, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of being successful.
First, it's important to choose a niche that you're passionate about and that you have some knowledge about. This will make it easier to write interesting and informative content that will appeal to your target audience.
Second, it's important to be active on social media and in the blogging community. This means promoting your blog and interacting with other bloggers and potential readers.
Finally, it's important to be patient and persistent. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a successful blog.
It takes time, effort, and dedication to build an audience, but it is possible to achieve if you're willing to put in the work.
12. SEO Application
One of the biggest challenges for newbie bloggers is understanding how to use SEO applications to drive organic traffic to their blogs.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a process of optimizing a website to rank higher in search engine results. This can be done through a variety of techniques, including optimizing website content, building backlinks, and using keywords throughout the site.
While SEO can be a complex and time-consuming process, it is essential for any blogger who wants to attract readers from search engines.
Fortunately, several SEO applications or tools, such as SEMrush, SE Ranking, Ahrefs, Yaost SEO, and so on, can help simplify the process and make it more manageable for new bloggers.
These applications can help with tasks like keyword research, link building, and content optimization. By using an SEO application, new bloggers can save time and energy while still driving organic traffic to their blogs.
13. Appropriate Monetization
The beginner blogs get hurdles in monetizing appropriate vendor products, and even finding a sponsor for the blog as well. Their obstacles in this regard appeared determination factors rather than settings.
Selecting the better option for income maximization deserves priority. This way allows starters to emphasize the A/B test or comparison process among the top opportunities.
Here are some of the high-earning ways to monetize your blog content:
- Monetize with own product: Such as coaching service to the motivated users. Also, you can create and sell online courses using your blog.
- Creating Kindle eBooks: You can write kindle eBooks to make money using your blog as an influential level player for sales.
- Monetize digital products: You have the option to create a high-converting funnel and recommend the high-paying digital products that are monetized from ClickBank or Impactproducts.
- Partnership with Influencers: With your expertise in the blog, you have a chance to involve influencers to create a product and launch them.
- Monetize products from Amazon: Since amazon has millions of physical and virtual products, you have the option to monetize your blog using their product.
The info articles in your blog could role to influence users to purchase the products as a part of the recommended solution.
And so on.
14. Organic CTR
The success of your digital marketing strategies greatly depends on your organic CTR. Which's why understanding Click-Through Rate (CTR) is one of the important factors in improving conversion rate (CR) from organic search content.
Organic search results on a website typically have a CTR of 3–5%. It's usually a great challenge for most newbie bloggers.
If you are also among them and if your results aren't meeting those goals, follow these best practices:
1. Emphasize using long-tail keywords: It helps to get better search visibility, even out of your main keyword search by the users.
2. Create actionable meta descriptions: The effective meta description influences users to click on the SERP URL and approach to read the whole content.
3. Use structured data: Structured Data can improve the way Google understands your content and make your site more visible in search results. Not only CTR but also improves faster indexing and better search visibility.
4. Use Unique Images: Images in the content improves CTR because it helps content to extend its distribution in the SERP, especially image search for higher visibility as well.
5. Create Descriptive URLs: To give users the right context for where clicking the link will take them, descriptive links serve this goal.
6. Make Title format easy to read: Since the title matters to CTR for further engagement, let your article caption be simplified for the users to understand quickly.
7. Emphasize the following listicle format: The content created following the listicle format could give the users to consume content more engaging than any other format.
8. Use Yoast SEO Plugin: This plug-in has the advantage to see the preview of your meta so you have a chance to find the format whether comprehensive or not.
9. Optimize your Site Speed: Use an adequate tool to uncover the reasons for the slower site, and treat the issues as revealing the tools for your faster site. It helps to improve CTR.
10. Make sure of rich snippets: Create meta that appears on the SERP that includes every piece of information so users get influenced to click on your content. Never keep the info gap on the snippets.
11. Keep up the breadcrumb navigation: A good user experience is offered by the breadcrumb navigation. It aids in website improvement and raises organic CTR as a result.
12. Build High Converting Landing Pages: On the website, landing pages work as the best part of your marketing funnels. Landing page quality influences CTR on the website.
Optimizing your content must be considered a priority, and then you have a chance to get higher CTR and CR from your content value.
15. Regular Publishing
Publishing content regularly is an essential feature of a money blogger. Following an efficient interval of frequently publishing content may take your website's outcome to the next level. Although, it depends on pre-planned content creation capabilities.
That's why it's a great challenge for newbie bloggers. This obstacle used to happen for those who are not able to invest money in outsourcing copywriters.
Regular publishing helps reward a higher SERP rank that gets higher traffic volume to the site, higher CTR, and better sales as well.
Since blogging is affiliate marketing, no chance to think this is not a business. So, bloggers should take this challenge to recover using timely content creation ability and investing in affordable prices for better copy frequently.
There are tons of sources out there to arrange your content from outsourcing. Such as, freelance marketplaces (Fiverr, Freelancer, UpWork, and so on), online forums on the web, and serious groups on social media platforms can help you find a copywriter according to your budget.
16. Content Quality
Creating content with its style, tone, persona, conversation, and solution plays an impactful role in the blog for conversion.
Unfortunately, a newbie blogger faces this obstacle to integrating the unique value of his blog to keep their users engaging repeatedly.
Fortunately, once they come up with the tract of quality content after an experience period. So, starters deserve to care about the quality strategy and goal of content practice for faster outcomes.
Here are a few of the remarkable features that can be followed for pro blogging ASAP:
- (1) Create content understanding your community goal.
- (2) Follow your conversational flow white writing.
- (3) Repeat the focal point in each subtopic.
- (4) Use transitional words to make a juicy flow in the content.
- (5) Keep up the clarity in the title pointing goal.
- (6) Concise the content with impacted value.
- (7) Use research data, stat, graphs, or content with reference.
- (8) Take a time to edit the post adequately.
- (9) Never forget to powerful CTA in right place.
Since content is all, missing any content or quality gap offers competitors to tackle you in the SERP space, with no chance to ignore content quality.
17. Updating old posts
Old blog posts that are more than six months old should be updated to build backlinks, maintain the content's SEO friendliness over time, and boost reader loyalty.
For new bloggers who are unsure of where to begin or how to begin, it becomes the ultimate hurdle.
Particularly, posts that have strong audience engagement, high-quality links, low-quality orphan pages, and high impressions but poor ranking posts need renewal to improve the factors.
You can check out or review the area of a post or page sitewide following the below check-list:
1) Update your heading tag with the current year.
2) Make your search intent match better.
3) Include new photos, infographics, or videos
4) Link to new sources after adding recent information.
5) Check for broken links and fix them.
6) Add Schema markup.
7) Never alter the URL.
8) Revise meta descriptions for new keywords.
9) Address "people also ask" queries.
10) Modify the image alt text.
11) Changing the formatting or layout.
12) Check competitors' changes and reshape your content.
13) Research the article focusing on fresh keyword opportunities.
14) Update or replace old images.
15) Plan when to replace outdated content.
16) Refrain from making too many significant changes.
17) Add specialized quotes.
18) Write a new introduction.
19) Consider outdated content to be new.
20) Share your newly updated blog post.
Make them work for your editorial routine to overcome outdated hurdle.
18. Organic Site Structure
Most of the starters are not completely aware of the rule of natural website structure. So, most of them face various issues due to poor practice of content presentation on their site. They find a limited budget for search index including various SEO issues.
To come out of this circumstance, it is crucial to plan a suitable website architecture plan and follow the best practice of organic blogging structure.
The effective planning of a website architecture used to include the necessary components are:
1. URL structures: Keep it clear and as short as possible.
2. Navigation menus: Create a menu that includes important post categories or pages.
3. Categorization: categorize or group up your content according to the divisions of a niche.
4. Breadcrumbs: Allow Yoast SEO tools to keep it active.
5. Internal linking: Generate based on logical order between posts within a silo or out of the silo.
Website architecture affects user experience (UX). Your website's usability, which refers to making it simpler for customers to find the goods, services, or information they're looking for, is directly impacted by the structure you chose.
A comprehensive site structure should have content that is topically related together, draw attention to your most crucial pages, and keep information straightforward and arranged in a logical hierarchy.
Here is an example of a well-organized structure below:
19. Writer's Block
Sometimes, you may get difficulties choosing a fresh topic to write a post on. But can't find the relevance, quality, and freshness in ideas whatever you choose to write.
You take time day after day so that your post gets standard with your trending posts. It takes enough time that breaks the proper sequential publishing time. This challenge goes to writer's block.
You can use websites that provide high-quality content. such as reputable blogs, journals, forums, Quora or social media groups, YouTube videos, etc.
Spend enough time studying and creating original posts and ideas after that. Make your anti-procrastination, which automates your ability to recreate, your unbeatable learning habit. You will soon develop intuitive creative productivity for frequent blogging due to the habitual learning process.
Using tools, photos, infographics, and video content from reliable platforms that provide you with affordable or free professional content creation is another option to make posts.
20. Marketing Funnel
You can offer key information at the appropriate time and place and via the proper channels with the aid of a specific robust marketing funnel. It helps you gain a better knowledge of what your potential customers are considering, what they know, and how much interest they have in your service, product, or company.
In this regard, most newbie bloggers are not aware of Landing pages that help their blogging success. And, few of them who use landing pages can take full advantage.
So, this is crucial to understand the features of how it functions along with the way of selling or engaging low to high-paying prospects into your blogging interests. Here are some of the important features to consider a provider while choosing:
- Use a reliable platform that provides the full features of the landing page builder.
- Make sure the platform has enough professional templates.
- Consider they have customizable templates.
- Whether they have lead capture forms or not.
- Consider how comprehensive is their A/B testing or Split testing tools.
- Emphasize their landing pages have SEO optimization.
- Make sure they provide a drag-and-drop editor.
- In terms of UX, make sure landing pages have mobile responsiveness.
And so on.
21. Business Mind
If you take blogging as your hobby, then obstacles wouldn't give up following your sluggish efforts. It makes it impossible to beat the competitors.
That is called business mind, while you take blogging as your profession - and your love to invest money to earn safe returns calculating risk.
Here is the challenge for the newbie bloggers, it's time to consider and evaluate your efforts subject to time as your best investment.
How to come up from potential blogging stuck is all about your realizing time first.
A full-time blogger can make a solid living by consistently producing online content. Bloggers can raise revenue to more than $100,000 after gaining traffic and subscribers, according to a report by the Millennial Money site. Even you can earn $500 to $2,000 a month in your first year of blogging.
So, to overcome blogging stuck, building your business mind can make the journey much easier than a personal hobby mind.
Recap On How to Overcome
The best way to overcome the challenges is to know your audience and make sure you are providing them with what they want. You should also make sure that your blog doesn't have a lot of ads on it. You should also make sure that your blog is easy to navigate.
Furthermore, it would be best if you use Google Adwords to determine the keyword density of your blog content. This will tell you how competitive your blog is in the search engines. You can also use this tool to see how competitive a keyword is.
The top challenges faced by new bloggers are that they don't know how to market their blog, they don't know how to find their audience, and they don't know how to grow their audience.
Some other challenges that new bloggers may face, but I will not be going into them in this article. It is important to try and overcome these challenges and not let them stop you from becoming a successful blogger.
The most common challenges faced by new bloggers are getting traffic, making money, and finding time to blog. These are the most common challenges faced by new bloggers.
It is important to remember that things won’t always go as planned, so it is best to try to find solutions to these challenges.